Torrey is back on air with his wife and co-host, Chanel to talk about COVID and going back to school. Torrey and Chanel, a former teacher, break down the pros and cons of the in-person, remote, and hybrid learning approaches schools are undertaking.
- Keeping students engaged while learning virtually (3:03)
- The value of teachers is being realized and the need to pay teachers more (8:14)
- In-person learning is great … until it’s not great. Is it worth taking the risk? (11:18)
- Kids take in everything we say so the way we talk about the situation in front of their kids really matters (16:28)
- The choice afforded by the hybrid option (18:52)
- Other options like tutoring pods and how that further divides the haves and have-nots (22:38)
- Why we’re deciding to do homeschooling (24:05)
About Trending Thoughts:
Trending Thoughts is a podcast hosted by 2x Super Bowl Champ Torrey Smith that is designed to entertain, spur debate, and to provide new ideas for our community across a variety of topics including sports, news, politics, parenting, and a lot more. Torrey will bring his unique commentary to each episode as we discuss what’s trending, feature guest interviews, and host unique conversations from the casual to the controversial.
Each episode is produced by my partners at HEARD podcasts. You can find out more about their work with me, or discuss a project of your own by visiting www.HEARDpods.com.