In this episode, Torrey welcomes Kimya Motley who is an author and speaker on domestic violence as well as the CEO for Haven of Light to the show. Torrey and Kimya talk through her story of being shot multiple times by her ex-husband and surviving, growing up in a home of abuse, dealing with self-blame.
- Kimya’s incredible story of surviving domestic violence (3:32)
- Growing up in a home of abuse and violence (18:40)
- Normalizing abuse through our conversation and music (26:00)
- How to deal with previous offenders of domestic abuse (32:00)
- Finding freedom by forgiving the perpetrator of violence (42:20)
- Torrey’s Take (52:00)
You can learn more about Kimya and her work by following her on Twitter (@KimyaMotley ) or by visiting her website: https://kimyamotley.com/
About Trending Thoughts:
Trending Thoughts is a podcast hosted by 2x Super Bowl Champ Torrey Smith that is designed to entertain, spur debate, and to provide new ideas for our community across a variety of topics including sports, news, politics, parenting, and a lot more. Torrey will bring his unique commentary to each episode as we discuss what’s trending, feature guest interviews, and host unique conversations from the casual to the controversial.
Each episode is produced by my partners at HEARD podcasts. You can find out more about their work with me, or discuss a project of your own by visiting www.HEARDpods.com